Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bunny Hill Blk #5

 My Bunny Hill block #5 is  almost done. I knew where I wanted to go with it, but I ran out of steam. The fence logs are deliberately offset. My plan was to apply some greenery along the bottom. I also wanted to have something in the open space opposite the crow. I thought I knew where I was going with this, but my motifs werent quite right.


I have some gorgeous stars from Keepsake Quilting. They are cut from shimmering gold fabrics. I wanted to use one of those but it was just a bit too big. If I tried to cut it down, I wouldnt get it right.

It is frustrating to have your day ending and your tiny project not quite finished! I still have blocks 4, 6, and 7 to make and I think block 8 is just around the corner! LOL

What do you think this block needs?

4 comments:

  1. If putting greens around fence, why not extend one stalk up with a flower - small sunflower? Or stalk of hollyhocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Kat! You really did do Applique Thursday. I have my snowman sewn down on block 4 and am working on the tree.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, a tall sunflower would be perfect! Which means I'll be doing more fussing tomorrow. LOL I was hoping to have a jump on some of those other blocks too. I feel so slow.

    Good for you Billie. We will have our projects done this year, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon is right, Kat. A tall sunflower would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!