Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Musings

The nice Raders' repairman replaced a wire which was burned out. The AC is now blowing some cooler air. Now mind you, I'm not in the freezer zone yet, I am staying in its path.  We are still in the 90's here for the next few days.

I tried to stay in my sewing area during the weekend, but it was short intervals because of the heat. I am working on some seminole bands for my sofa quilt. I was able to get the stripsets sewn, pressed and some of them were sub-cut into their required segments.

I also managed to re-assemble some sets. I managed to re-assemble some sets into an incorrect position!  This is easy to do with seminole piecing. I am doing the 'Criss Cross' design from the book Simply Seminole. I may choose to make another design when this one is done.


This one still needs a narrow strip sewn to both edges, then the points trimmed off for my scrap pile! I dont want to add those edging strips until I'm sure about the length.

These seminole bands will become part of a vertical row quilt for my sofa. It is made from fabrics of creams, teals and wines. Some of my vertical rows will be made from other quilting techniques such as braids, applique  and curves.

Stay tuned for more on the continuing saga of the Sofa Row Quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Pictures, pictures, pictures - we all love 'in-progress photos! Keep cool Kat - me, I have no AC - good ol' window fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come back and see the photo - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sharon. It's a PIP (plan in progress). I dont know what the plan is, but I have fun getting there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!