Saturday, July 2, 2011

String Quilt #1

I've just completed my first string quilt. Since I plan to make several string quilts in a variety of color families, I will just name this quilt.......String Quilt # 1.  How inventive is that! I think the black sashing sets it off. It reminds me  of stained glass. It is a lap size quilt, 55" x  75".  All the strings came from a pile in my 'scrapbox'.




This is the back of the quilt. Since I assembled it QAYG style, I was able to have fun with the layout. I enjoy machine quilting manageable sections.



It's out of the dryer now, I can stitch on that label. I made a very simple label by writing with a pigma pen onto a pre-printed label.

3 comments:

  1. I love your quilt. Only one thing, it might bring out one of my pet peeves, that is when people like the back as well as the front, lol. It's beautiful front and back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the name of it that came to me was "Stained Glass Windows in a Stone Church".
    Love it Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I love the black with the bright colors. As Nancy said above reminds me of stained glass. Great job, front and back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!